Dinner is sorted with this delicious Chilli Chicken Stir Fry recipe using fresh ingredients from the Nundah Farmers Markets.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
500g Inglewood Farms’ organic free range chicken fillets
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
3 tablespoons chicken stock
3/4 teaspoons sugar
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup cashew nuts
1 -2 red long chillies, seeded and thinly sliced strips
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
100g water chestnut slices, canned
100g baby corn, canned
100gx bamboo shoots, canned
100g baby green peas, in pod
1/2 small capsicum, thinly sliced strips
1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
2 spring onions, cut into 1 cm lengths
100g bean sprouts, fresh
Ground white pepper, sprinkle
1. Mix the fish sauce, oyster sauce, stock and sugar in a small bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a wok over a medium heat and stir fry the cashew nuts for 2-3 mins or until golden. With 1 minute to go, add the chillies. Remove and pat dry with paper towels.
3. In the same oil, stir fry the half the garlic over a medium heat until light brown. Add half the chicken and stiry fry on high head for 4-5 mins or until cooked. Remove and repeat the remaining garlic and chicken. Once cooked, return all the chicken to the work.
4. Add the water chestnuts, baby corn, bamboo shoots, capsicum, carrot, onion, peas, for 2 minutes. Add the cashew nuts, chillies, bean sprouts, and spring onions. Toss and sprinkle with ground white pepper. Toss for 1 minute then serve if desired on a bed of jasmine rice.
– Courtesy of Inglewood Chicken
HUGE saving on the freshest items every Sunday @
The Nundah Farmers Markets – Station Street Nundah